A 2-ingredient entree?!? Sounds too good to be true, right?
We'd never pull your (chicken) leg like that! ;)
If you saw our recent #TipTuesday, you know that we're straight-up #OBSESSED with slow cooker cooking. Seriously - if you don't have a slow cooker, now is the time to invest in one! You can get them most likely at your grocery store, or of course on good ole Amazon. (BTW - you totally don't need a brand-name slow cooker - even though Crock pot is the most famous, even the knock-off ones should work great!)
Why do we love slow cooker cookin'?
1) It's SIMPLE - and basically fool proof! No complicated recipes needed.
2) It saves a ton of time - just prep the food (if even required!) and toss into the slow cooker and turn it on. DONE.
3) It always manages to turn out delicious!! Seriously, you don't have to monitor it and somehow it always ends up cooked perfectly.
One of our favorite recipes? 2-ingredient BBQ chicken! You won't believe how yummy something so simple can turn out.
Here are the deets:
2-3 lbs of chicken (we used drumsticks but you can use breasts, thighs, you name it)
1 bottle of BBQ sauce
1) Rinse chicken and put in the crockpot.
2) Pour BBQ sauce over the chicken.
3) Turn slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
Here are the sides we made too - which are equally easy!
Spicy Fajita Green Beans:
1 lb fresh green beans
Oh My Spice Fajita Seasoning from the February CLEAN.FIT box
1) Preheat oven to 375
2) Rinse green beans (& snip ends if needed)
3) Line baking tray with aluminum foil and spray with EVOO
4) Put green beans on the tray and spray with EVOO and then sprinkle with seasoning - toss thoroughly.
5) Roast at 375 for ~20minutes
Protein-packed Quinoa Pilaf
2 cups dried quinoa (rinsed)
2 cups water
2 cups chicken broth (or just 4 cups water)
1.5 cups frozen peas
1) Add quinoa and liquid to a medium sauce pot and bring to a boil
2) Once boiling, stir in peas and then reduce to simmer and cover
3) Let simmer for 15-20 min until you see the germ line around the quinoa and liquid is gone
2) Stir and enjoy!
Here are a few of our favorite crock pot recipes:
Have any other slow cooker faves? We wanna hear! Send them to us at email@example.com!
NOTE: all of the products recommended here are hand-curated by us and that are things that we have used and swear by! Please note that we may, however, earn fees from qualifying purchases as part of the Amazon Associates program.